We’re very pleased to announce that the Sailing Camp is returning to Jackson’s Point and Sail Georgina! In 2017, we are offering lessons for beginner and intermediate youth (age 8-14) sailors. This program is designed to introduce beginners to sailing, while still challenging the intermediate sailor.
The Canadian Yachting Association’s CANSail program provide safe, standardized instruction for recreation and competition in sailing dinghies. CANSail Levels 1 & 2 are the introductory levels covering safety, seamanship, and boat handling. Beginners are taught the basic skills of sailing.
The Sail Georgina sailing camp is taught using boats provided for this purpose by the Ontario Sailing Association (OSA). Our OSA certified instructors will first teach the theory on land, and then the participants will take to the water and sail for themselves, while the instructors follow (and teach) from a coach boat.
You can register for the camp online, by sending an email with the completed form from our downloads on the right, to
Sail Georgina Sailing Camp program offered in 2017
- Recommended for youths 8-14 years of age
- Students must be able to swim and should be comfortable in deep water (life jackets will be provided)
- Youth program is run during the day, from 9am – 4pm.
- August (tbd), 2017
- Fee for the 5-day program, Monday – Friday: $295
You can register for the camp online, by sending an email with the completed form from our downloads on the right to
To participate in our sailing camp, the student must have the ability to swim, and be comfortable in deeper water.
- Spaces are limited, so don’t delay – register today!
- Lunch is not provided.
- Bring a bathing suit, and change of clothing.
- Bring a towel, sunscreen, hat, warm clothing.
- Bring your own lifejacket or PFD if you wish (one will be provided if you don’t bring your own).