Community Sail Membership includes:
- Racing and crewing opportunities
- Access to the club's CL16 dinghies for personal use
- For pleasure sailing
- Off shore swimming / sun tanning
- Social Activities, such as:
- Wine and Cheese Social
- Pot Luck suppers at the harbour
- many many more activities
- Voting rights at the SGA general meetings
- The right to hold a space on the SGA slip waiting list
You can participate in these activity by joining Sail Georgina as a Community Sail Member. The Sail Georgina membership fee (for Community Sail) is $130 per year, and there is no additional fee for using the boats or racing. If you have any questions, please contact our dinghy fleet captain.
Community Sail ProcedureTo take out a Community Sail boat you must:
- Have a current (this season) signed Community Sail Agreement filed under your name in the Community Sail file folder.
- Have a signed Community Sail Proficiency Checkout form filed under your name in the Community Sail file folder.
- Have booked the boat under your name in the calendar on the shed wall.
- Complete and sign a Community Sail Signout sheet Every Time you take out a boat, and file it under the boat name in the Community Sail file folder. This form includes important safety information which may be critical if you encounter any problems while sailing.
- Make sure that the boat is in serviceable condition and is equipped with all required safety equipment before you leave the dock.