Sail Georgina operates a number of activities and events, and it is normal for expenses to be incurred during the operation of these activities. The following policies outline the approval and payment of expenses.
- a) The Sail Georgina signing officers are the following executive positions: Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore1, and Treasurer.
- a) All expenses are subject to review and approval by the current executive.
- b) Expenses under $75 that relate to activities approved by the current executive, do not need to be preapproved. Examples include food for sailing school participants, and routine office expenses related to club operations.
- c) Expenses over $75 but under $300 must be verbally approved in advance by two members of the current executive, at least one of whom must be a signing officer.
- d) Expenses over $300 should be approved in advance by a formal vote of the entire executive. In exceptional situations, emergency approval for such expenses may be granted with the written approval of two signing officers, but they must notify the rest of the executive about this as soon as possible.
- e) Expenses that do not have the appropriate approvals may not be paid. It is up to the executive to judge the reasonableness of the expense, and to decide how much (if any) of the expense to reimburse, but no member should assume that expenses made without the correct approvals will automatically be paid.
- f) In all cases, for any amount, all expense submissions shall be made in writing, on the official expense form (available from the web site). The completed expense form must be signed by the person who incurred the expense, and a signing officer other than the Treasurer. Receipts must be included. Incomplete forms will be returned to the claimant without processing.
- j) All cheques will be made out to the Claimant personally.
These policies are guidelines, and the Sail Georgina executive may use discretion in exceptional circumstances. In such a situation, there shall be a formal vote of the Sail Georgina executive before the policy exception is approved, and the results of this vote shall be recorded in the minutes of the executive meeting.
This policy document will be guided by the constitution.
This policy document was last updated 21 August 2013
Deleted: 7 January 2008